Sunday, September 2, 2007

1.2 // The one with the half a habit.

Did you know that the guy who was the original Barney is now a Rapping and Dancing Teddy Bear?
Not really sure what's better, to be a grown man dressing up as a purple Dinosaur or an even more grown man dressing up as a rapping and dancing Teddy Bear.

So...7 and a half Habits of Highly Successful Lifelong Learners.

Double the C...Double the S...and you will always have Success!
I'd like to say I use mnemonic devices for my lifelong learning, but apparently that isn't one of the habits. Maybe it's the other half of that 1/2 left over.


The other comment I have to make before actually participating in this thing 2 that followed thing 1 that wasn't brought in by the cat in the hat... is that whoever recorded that podcast did not do so properly for there was a lot of plosion. You know that sound the microphone makes when you're too close and you say a T or a P word most commonly. Yeah, it's annoying thanks. Back away from the Microphone! Back away...from the Microphone!

Okay.

Easiest Habit - Habit 6. I'm pretty technologically smart. So I guess I'd say that Technology would win the Gold. I am pretty confident so I'd say that would be the second runner up receiving the Silver Medal. Bronze goes to accepting responsibility for my learning habits.

Honorable mention, for participating in the seven and a half Habits of Highly Successful Lifelong Learners but for coming up as the hardest for me, goes to... Keeping the End in Mind! Yay! Cheers from the crowd!

I'm not so good at looking into the future. You never really know where you'll end up or what will change along the way. So the example they use...maybe you want to learn spanish to just be able to understand the basics, but maybe as you're learning you fall in love with a bull-fighting spaniard who is visiting from Spain and you decide to move to Spain to be with them for the rest of your life. Obviously your original goal is now shot and you want to now create a new goal, to live happily ever after with your new bull-fighting spaniard boyfriend...sort of like Madonna in the "Take a Bow" video.

This show is over....say "Goodbye"

No comments: