Monday, September 3, 2007

6.13 // The one with the delicious taste

Yet, another thing I know about, Del.icio.us, that I personally do not use.
I actually was going to mention Del.icio.us in my post about RSS Feeds, but I looked ahead and saw we'd be exploring it later so I decided to just mention it now.

I've had a livejournal for about 6 or 7 years. So I know all about blogs and tags and this and that and many other things. Because my livejournal is so old and they did not have the capabilities to do things like tagging yet, I have not utilized the tags on my livejournal...even now while I can.

Tags, I do believe are great features. Because, like with my livejournal, sometimes I like to go back and remember something I wrote about specifically. A concert I went to, a person I talked about, one of my billion car accidents...whatever. If I had tags, this would be a much easier task than it is currently while NOT having tags.

Unlike Rollyo and RSS feeds, I actually see a better use for this. One that I may actually be more inclined to use myself. Except that if I want to save something, I create a bookmark.

The thing that would draw me into Del.icio.us a little more, would be if it was more aesthetically pleasing. Is that stupid? Aesthetics are pretty important to me. Maybe that's why I wasn't a fan of Bloglines or how RSS feeds look when not in their own web page. Rollyo, I admit, is a little more aesthetically pleasing. But Del.icio.us really has no aesthetics that draw me to use it...therefor I'll continue with my IE bookmarks.

what have we learned here today?
Aesthetics are important.

No comments: