Friday, September 7, 2007

8.19 // The one with the Forensic proof

Veddy Veddy Interestink.

I went to the Web 2.0 Awards short list. I looked for "Fun Stuff" because that I like to go with first gut instinct. I found http://www.onesentence.org/ and I've gotta say... this is actually pretty cool. It was rated number 2. The description was "Tell a true story in one sentence and read the one-sentence-stories of others’."

I was interested and visited. There's something about it. It's like Post Secret which you hate to read all of these dirty little secrets on postcards except, you can't help it, you're drawn in! I couldn't stop reading them! It's now favorited into my daily reads!

Frankly I also found it a lot more interesting than the #1, which was the www.cocktailbuilder.com. I can make my own alcoholic beverage concotions without the web!

I then peeled my eyes away from the one sentence's and perused the rest of the "short list". I think award sites are always a good idea because it's always interesting to see what you can find that you didn't know existed before on the web. New discoveries are good.

I don't know if I perused it well enough to find anything that would be good for library use, but who knows...maybe I'll come back for more!

No comments: