Saturday, June 7, 2008

California 5/29/08 - 6/2/08: Day 3

Saturday, 5/31/08 – Tourists in Hollywood

Today we decided to do all of our touristy things. If anyone was to expect a lot of cool things and not a bunch more ridiculous photos that weren’t really taken in a bunch of cool places, they would not really know me at all.

This is what I woke up to.


After another lovely continental breakfast we headed out to Hollywood Boulevard again.

I should mention that at this point we are not only amazed how nice people are over here, but that we can find parking easily and that people are so friggin’ nice over here! It’s just such a chill laid back sort of atmosphere. A complete change from us east coasters.

The signs had "hoodies".


So, on Hollywood Boulevard we saw the infamous "Stars" and "Feet/Hands" of celebrities.

It is really hard to get photos of these things because there are so many (Stars) and people that you kind of get tired of saying "excuse me can you move so your shadow or feet or entire self is not in my photo of the ground here".

This means I really didn’t take that many photos.
Here is what I have.
George Burns (I loved him)


Christopher Walken


Harrison Ford (He has small feet)


John Wayne


Star Wars


George Clooney


Harry Potter


Gregory Peck


And the stars of Ozzy Osbourne (Honestly I’m not sure why)


The man…The legend…Walt Disney


Our next stop was the Kodak Theater tour. There was no photography allowed though.

We did learn nice little tidbits about the academy. We got to stand on the stage (it’s really not that big) AND we got to sit in the seats, seats that celebrity butts had been in at some point. I sat next to Johnny Depp… well, where he sat for the awards show in February. It was interesting and tourists from a certain part of the world are just rude.

Here’s some shots from outside the Kodak theater area.
When Shana was born the Academy went to…


When I was born the Academy went to…


We realized we still didn’t have many pictures of ourselves so…
Stair Shots!

Me


Shana


And just the outside area…



I also just took this because it’s cool looking.


Next on the list was the Hollywood Wax Museum. I was a bit disappointed because I’ve definitely seen better…

But I took a load of pictures anyway.

King Kong.


We’re off to see the wizard…


WILSON!


Yo Ho Yo Ho!


Beatles…no Juice.


We dared to enter the Horror section.


The mothereffin’ Krueger…


Mwahahaha.


Hello Clarice!


You’re the Devil!


I guess this is Medusa, I just thought it looked cool.


Texas Chainsaw Massacre


Beetle + Juice


Apparently Shana digs Pinhead.


I dig him too really though the fat cam shows otherwise!


I’ve got a tale for you…


Yeah, cause she’s scary.


I have exorcized the demon!


Darkman!


Shana and Hugh Jackman


Snakes on a Plane!


Light Sabers ahead


The Governor


There’s no knowing where I’m…going… or which way the river’s flowing…


Some classics


Wonder!


Life is like a box of chocolates


Shana gets western


Eastwood


And they feasted…



Spidey!


Web!


Gnarly! Raphael


Righteous! Leonardo


Cowabunga! Donatello and Michelangelo


You’re doing it Peter!


Will Smith does no wrong!


There has been a glitch in the system.


Star wars…again.


Vader, Darth


Charlie’s Angels.


Double Oh Seven


Part 2 of day 3 continues…

No comments: