Saturday, June 7, 2008

California 5/29/08 - 6/2/08: Day 3 Part 2

Saturday, 5/31/08 – Tourists in Hollywood Continued…

After the Hollywood wax museum we went on the Starline Hollywood Homes tour. The key is, we got to ride in a limo! Nice!

The problem is while I took a ton of photos, I don’t know if I’ll actually remember the photos that I took. So, some of these may be accurate. Some of them may be made up. We’ll never know! We’ll just pretend I got it all right.

Our limo took us up to Lake Hollywood.
This is where we had a beautiful view of the lake.


And our first glimpse at the Hollywood sign…


Apparently, I wanted to be sure I had a good photo of the Hollywood sign.


The limo driver took a photo of us with the Hollywood sign.
Except we didn’t think he got the sign in the shot…turns out he did.


The lake.


The lake, without people in my shot.


The Hollywood sign, yet again.


Madonna’s house. It's the one on the right...it has stripes.


Mountains.


The lake, yet again.


Two more shots of us with…Yes, the Hollywood sign behind us.



Back down to Hollywood Boulevard where there was a guy walking his dog who was wearing sunglasses and a cigar in his mouth. Shana took the shot.

She got dog butt instead.


The fake celebrities were out and about.

"I am Optimus Prime"


I tried to get another picture of Optimus Prime but the car moved. So here’s Jimmy Neutron and Tigger, cause that’s who I ended up getting the shots of instead.


Then we went back over to where all the celebrities’ homes were.

This was the house of James Dean.


And this was THE MOST exciting House for me to see because the moment I saw it, I KNEW whose house it was!


It’s Freddy Krueger’s House!


Ironically, only two houses down from Krueger, lives Laurie Strode. I guess Michael Myers technically also.


Then we were back on the road again.

The Director’s Guild…


The Comedy Store, owned by Pauly Shore


The Actors Studio


Sometimes, I did rock at getting signs in a moving limo.


And sometimes I sucked, even though it was HUGE!

"Beverly Hills, That’s where I want to be…"


This was my attempt at "Rodeo Drive" which I also failed to get and instead got "Wilshire Boulevard."


I never did get a Hollywood and Vine photo.

And here is where my brain goes blank.

These first couple of photos are celebrity homes… but I couldn’t tell you anymore WHOSE homes.
One of these could very well have been the home of Elvis Presley.

Within seconds of passing these homes, I basically forgot whose homes they were.
So I’m no good at celebrity home stalking apparently.





Oh, this one was Steve Martin’s house.


I believe I didn’t care about the person who owned this house… But I liked the sculptures. There was even a story about the sculptures. I wish I had a memory.



Another house…I don’t remember.


Okay. So this gate used to be the home of Walt Disney.


And normally I like Rod Stewart, except Rod Stewart BOUGHT Walt Disney’s home… Not to live in because he lives next door in this house.


Rod Stewart bought Walt Disney’s home, which is next door to his home, to build a friggin’ soccer field. That’s just sacrilegious!

And now we’re back to some houses that I don’t remember.

I honestly can’t even remember whose names stood out to say ‘take a picture’ so let’s just look at the homes anyway.

Actually I think there is a very good chance this house was Demi Moore and Ashton’s…


Making this house Bruce Willis’ since he lived 2 or 3 houses down.
Then again, their houses could be some of these other houses I don't really remember.


Two more houses I can’t remember.



These next two are of Shaquille O’Neil’s house.


It’s been under construction for something like 7 years.
You know he’s got skillz…


This was the other house that was completely recognizable…


"I pulled up to a house about 7 or 8 and I yelled to the cabbie "yo home smell ya later". Looked at my Kingdom, I was finally there, to sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air."


This was Nicholas Cage’s Gate.
Apparently, He has a dog as there was a "beware of dog" sign by the gate.


Just part of the gate to the community.


Hey Hey Hey… Bill Cosby turns people into statues for his home.


The Beverly Hills Hotel.


That was about the end of our limo tour. After that we decided just to go back down to Santa Monica Boulevard and hang out. Wait for night fall. Have some drinks. Take a few more photos.

The Hustler Store.


The Whisky A Go Go.


Where bands like Motley Crue once played.


And the Viper Room. Owned by Johnny Depp.


Where River Phoenix sadly died.


It figured that some lame potheads in a band from Tennessee were trying to hang out with us. Pshaw. I go to the other side of the country and I still only have lame dudes try to talk to me. Go figure. We kind of ignored them, drank our Mojitos and people/car watched.

This concludes Day 3 in California.

No comments: