Sunday, September 9, 2007

9.21 // The one with t-u-r-t-l-e power!

Heroes in a half shell. I don't know... podcasts reminded me of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Podcasts. Something that I've also known about.
I'm a very visual person. I can't do books on tape because I'll get distracted listening and end up not listening. When I read books though I visualize what I'm reading. I see it all happening in my head.
I like watching movies because I hear it and I see it.

I don't know why, there's just something about just listening to someone talking that puts my mind in a blank state where I don't focus at all on what is being said, but on all the other things driving the highway of my mind.

So...Video podcasts, they can work for me. I can see it and focus while listening to it. But if I'm just listening, it's like I'm in my own little world.

I searched for bookreviews to complete the tasks, but all I found was... Christian podcasts. Admittingly, for this reason I didn't add anything to my RSS feeds. Does that mean I don't pass?

I, personally, just don't like Podcasts. I think, for the library, they could be very useful. I think that we circulate enough books on tape and books on CD to see that there are people who can listen to books that way. I just know myself and I know that that is just NOT the way my brain functions. I think it's something that could potentially have a lot of good use within our libraries in the future.

No comments: