Sunday, September 9, 2007

9.22 // The one with the impaired hearing

*ahem* Should I repeat myself?

As stated in the post below about Podcasts, I have to say that I'm just not an audiobook type person. I'm visual and yes, though I don't always read books with pictures, I can see what it is that I'm reading. But when I just listen... I just can't concentrate. When I listen to music it's always because I'm doing something. I'd do homework in school and rock out to some rock and roll. I listen to music while I'm working on the computer or driving to work. I can't just listen to music without doing something else and because I'm doing something else I'm not fully concentrating on what I'm listening to. So I'd say that audiobooks just don't work for me. It would be a huge waste of my time to try and listen to a book through audio and not know what I just heard afterwards.

With that said, I'm not interesting in downloading anything. But as with podcasts, I see it being a great source for those who CAN concentrate on audio... Just not me.

No comments: